Legal assistant / secretary
Blain Avocats is looking for someone who can assist lawyers in their work to fill an Assistant / Legal Secretary position for their office located in the Old Port of Montreal. The firm has been practicing mainly in the field of immigration law and business law for almost 30 years and wishes to engage a dynamic and rigorous person in its work.
This position is for a motivated person wishing to partner in the long term with lawyers and offer them close collaboration in their day-to-day work. Communication skills and team spirit are essential qualities in the candidate. In return, the firm offers a competitive salary and a very friendly working climate.
- Diploma in legal secretary or related field
- Interested in where to have knowledge in the field of immigration law
- Three years of experience as an assistant or legal secretary
- Good knowledge of spoken and written French
- Knowledge of a third language is an asset
- Ability to do word processing
- Manage the lawyer’s agenda and phone calls
- Send various forms to the competent immigration institutions
- Welcome clients
- Receive and respond to emails
- Manage the filing of files and ensure diligent follow-up of files so that deadlines are met
- Write pleadings
- Perform any other task related to the position